When was the last time you had your ears checked? If you answered with “years,” your ears may have accumulated ear wax over time. Not to worry, ear wax is a natural product of human ears that cleans and lubricates them.
However, it can be difficult to remove ear wax at home without causing damage to delicate tissues in the ear canal. Let alone completely get rid of excess ear wax.
For this reason, many people choose to visit an audiologist for a professional cleaning. Below are some points to consider having an audiologist clean your ears:
- An Audiologist is a health professional that specializes in diagnosing and treating hearing disorders
- They will use a variety of tools to thoroughly clean your ears, including an otoscope and other specialized tools to carefully inspect and remove ear wax
- Regular cleaning of your ears can help prevent infections and keep you healthy
- It's also important for children to have their ears cleaned by an Audiologist at least once every six months
- The best way to take care of your hearing is by practicing good hygiene habits like cleaning your ears regularly with an Audiologist!
What Can You Expect from Your First Appointment?
After you’ve completed new patient paperwork and you’re in the audiologist’s office, the audiologist will first use an otoscope to look inside your ear and see if you have a blockage. They may also administer liquid drops that help soften up the blockages in order for them to remove it from your ear canal with special instruments they carry within the practice.
Request a Consultation
If you have trouble hearing, it is time to see an Audiologist. Sierra Nevada Hearing Aid Center can help diagnose your condition and provide specialized treatment.