What is Hearing Loss?
Hearing loss is a common issue caused by age, noise, disease, and heredity that can hinder a person's ability to hear sounds. Hearing loss affects about one-third of individuals between the ages of 65 and 75 in the United States and only increases with age. Contact us today at (775) 882-3277 to discuss your hearing loss options.
What Are the Common Types of Hearing Loss?
The three types of hearing loss are defined as:
- Conductive: Problems with the outer or middle ear
- Sensorineural: Problems with the inner ear
- Mixed: A combination of problems with the outer, middle, and inner ear
In most cases, the damages causing hearing loss are irreversible. However, it is imperative that you seek medical treatment in order to stop the negative impact on your health and take steps to improve the way you hear. Learn more about the types of hearing loss.
Contact us to learn more.
What Are Hearing Loss Symptoms?
Signs and symptoms of hearing loss can include:
- Muffling of sounds
- Trouble understanding words
- Ringing in the ears
- Sensitivity to sound
- Withdrawal from social settings
Learn more about the symptoms of hearing loss.
What Are Common Causes of Hearing Loss?
The most common causes of hearing loss include:
- Inner ear damage: Things such as aging or loud noises can result in damage and change of the inner ear, which causes sounds to become muffled.
- Earwax buildup: A buildup of earwax can eventually block the ear canal and make hearing difficult.
- Abnormal growths or tumors: The presence of these growths and tumors in the outer or middle ear can result in complications with hearing.
- Ruptured eardrum: Any significant trauma to the eardrum such as a loud noise, change in pressure, or penetration can cause the eardrum to rupture.
Other causes of hearing loss include:
- Malformation of the ear
- Ear infection
- Virus or disease
- Head trauma
No matter the type of hearing loss you are suffering from, Sierra Nevada Hearing Aid Center is here to help you find the best course of action to improve your hearing. We offer the latest hearing aid technology to improve your quality of life.
Our hearing aids work with a tiny microphone to pick up sound, a computer chip to amplify the sound, and a speaker to send a signal to your ear to help you hear better overall. The types of hearing aids we offer include:
- Full shell in-the-ear
Our services include consultation, hearing aid fitting, and follow-up care to ensure we are with you for the entire journey. Schedule a consultation to hear more about the best treatment for you.
No matter the type of hearing loss you are suffering from, Sierra Nevada Hearing Aid Center is here to help you find the best course of action to improve your hearing. We offer the latest hearing aid technology to improve your quality of life. Learn more about hearing loss treatments.
Book a Consultation
To book a hearing aid consultation or to see if our team can help you find the best way to improve your hearing while wearing a face mask, please give us a call at (775) 882-3277 to schedule an appointment at one of our three locations.